View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Stefan Buda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Interesting! Seems that the collimator is showing the error up well - the spacing between reflections appears to be inconsistent.
Not sure what options there are regarding the focuser - wait & see I guess.
You are misinterpreting the reflections - they are consistent but it is not possible to tell from the photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonius View Post
You say it does the lens cell tilt and not individual element spacings, but I wonder if, given that you are seeing reflections from all lens surfaces, this would work for colimating the individual lens elements within a cell (thought not their spacings) so all lens elements are centered with respect to one another?
Cheers
Markus
Yes, you are correct. The problem is that it is not possible to change the tilt of individual elements without affecting the spacing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
There are probably a lot of Tak owners anxious to see the result. I know my focuser is off the centre of the lense cell by a millimetre. Could collimation help? Very interesting to find out. I see Grzybowski collimaters can be purchased for not too many hundred euros so I am surprised they are not more common considering their effectiveness.
I'm not sure, but maybe those collimators come without the required cross-hair reticule eyepiece. If you need to supply your own, then it will add to the cost.

I will post the result of the collimation I did last night once I have the images prepared.