View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 02:04 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
TSA line is ONLY 120 now - the 102 has been out of production a few years now, replaced - oddly - with the FC-100 (not a wise Tak choice to cancel the 102 IMHO, as it was THE best 4" scope I have ever owned or used). I expect the FC-100 sells better, being considerably cheaper than the 102 ever was.

The design of the TSA is pure triplet, whereas the TOA is well-spaced triplet. The new fluorite FOA shares the same design principle, and is one of the highest Strehl production scopes ever made (it's for all intents and purposes a poly-Strehl of 0.995)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
Its a shame Tak don't have a "F" version of the TSA-120 with the larger focuser like the TOA-130. For visual its fine but hate the TSA-120 focuser for imaging, tried a few electronic focusers like robofocus and nothing worked when I had the large STT-8300.
Yes it was the first thing I noticed about the scope, the tiny focuser. It would only handle small sensored cameras. Plus no dual speed ?? uuhhh what? Every scope I have seen recently listed has a dual speed focuser - every single one.

But then a lot of scopes need their focusers replaced. Too bad Tak doesn't sell OTAs with no focuser!! haha.

FC100 I take it is a fluorite doublet. It replaces the FS102?

Greg.