View Single Post
Old 13-05-2014, 05:50 AM
loc46south (Geoffrey)
loc46south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
The rear assembly has been redesigned and I am sure I will be receiving the new rear assembly in the near future. It will prevent movement. However the problem you have is not caused by the rear mirror assembly. I currently have the heaviest imaging rig hanging off the back of one of those scope at 11Kg and I don't get that at all.

You need to check the primary and secondary mirror assemblies. The mirror cell issue produces elongated stars are certain angles, not pinched optics.

I have read all the threads about this and nearly every one has come to the wrong conclusions.

Once the rear cell is available you need only ring and ask for it. The scope has a two year warrantee in Australia. It might be another month or so yet before the assembly will be freely available.

Best of luck.
Paul - Thanks for the info. I have been in contact with the retailer I bought the scope off and he is consulting with GSO - I am waiting for an outcome. I am aware of the optical issues and have checked the optics with laser, Tak Collimation Scope, visually and with software analysis - all give similar results - that the scope is near collimation but one thing I did notice was that with change in elevation the mirror appeared to shift within its cell.

I am relieved to hear you comment concerning the weight you have on your scope, as I intend using it with a MOAG,AO-8 and ST10XME Camera

At this point I have not cracked open the telescope body and will not do so untill I hear back from the Retailer.