View Single Post
Old 19-08-2019, 08:55 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Andy
All interesting stuff..thanks for outlining it all.

I cant take credit for any of this stuff as it all comes from others and anyone can look and find this sort of thing on the net.

I would not look at this sort of thing once as so much is an association with Atlantis and I always thought that was a myth.
Atlantis however means different things to different people...I no longer think of it as a mythical island that sank but as a term that is a placeholder for a hypothisised earlier civilization that may have existed before the Younger Dryas event.

But for so many folk they hear this stuff and burr up and reject it without investigating it at all...and for no other reason than they have formed their beliefs and as I said unfortunately when folk form a belief they consider them to be facts...usually facts and beliefs are two very different things.

Me I am very lucky I don't believe in anything or that anything I hear is necessarily the truth..heck I don't buy the big bang theory and that seems to be proved beyond doubt...but with humans we can tell each other we have it all worked out and so any one who may see an alternative or a flaw is never taken seriously and usually attacked and labled a fool, a nutter, etc... but it is funny how through out history we can often see that these nutters have been vindicated and the mob who thought they knew it all proved to be just wrong.

So I like sitting on the fence...when it all boils down...I don't know...I have to rely on others to interpret their findings, I have to accept that they made correct interpretations...now all that tells me there is no point in taking a stand on anything at all...take big bang..basically it stands or falls on the universe expanding..and all say it is and all say there measurements tests reseach etc is correct and everyone around are all satisfied that they have the expansion down pat...and now no one will every look at the possibility that our observations supporting expansion could be flawed... tired light explains red shift a little voice at the back of the room murmers...heritic, fool, nutter, crank throw him out, banish him...well what if that poor fool is correct? the big bang can only be a mirage... now I don't say I know either way but I doubt that we say unequivocally that we really do know...and then think who came up with the idea...someone who has been raised with a preoccupation of a creation...so I see there could be vested reasons for a support that really don't want that little voice in the back of the room questioning anything at all...so remaining unconvinced either way is my way of dealing with everything no matter how well it is established researched etc....

And so all this stuff re Younger Dryas one has to just take on board and look at the evidence the proponents offer...but I cant look at the ice cores so how can I believe the sea did rise..for example....

But when you look at this stuff you certainly get the impression many valid aspects are probable, certainly it seems funny that the pyramids are presented as tombs when there is no evidence, it seems odd that folk reject the evidence of a comet impact or seek an implausible eplaination for the mega fauna die out...maybe it is the influence of those who believe the world is only 6000 years old who although not believed perhaps impose considerable influence in a political sense to guide funding. Who knows I certainly don't but as I said all one can do is look at all the presented facts and avoid forming a belief and then labling your belief the facts.

I just can not understand why folk get upset with new or different information without a recognition that it is belief that they are defending...I think belief can inhibit the search for truth... but often truth is not the issue I guess.

I don't care probably everything we think we know will change somewhat over the coming centuries like it has tended to do in the past.

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInSp_ce View Post
Alex, it seems like you need a dose of Randall Carlson. He's a Builder/Designer by day and a Geological/Anthropological Theorist by night. For the past three decades he's been collecting data to support his theories. There's a lot of crossover between his theories and that of Hancock. Maybe there's some truth to them maybe there isn't who knows but one thing for sure they do raise questions.

Unfortunately there are a lot of reputations/egos at stake if history has to be rewritten, so sometimes when things challenge the text books they are quickly dismissed. Very few dare to challenge what is broadly accepted in fear of ruining their career, losing funding for their work and/or being ridiculed by peers.

Those who go against the grain usually don't have it easy, even if their arguments seem plausible.
Thanks ..I have seen a little of Randell.

I know how humans group and like to label anyone who does not conform to the groups beliefs as a nutter or a fool...imagine if you walked into a football club and said it seemed rather silly that week after week year after year you guys do nothing but indulge an obsession to take that little ball over the line of the other side as if that action defines your life.

Imagine going against the grain anywhere on anything... the response is predictable and no doubt is rooted in our tribal past.

But let the egos and career battles go on, and the football and live in the hope that some truth will pass your way I guess.

Alex

This video requires patience..the presentor is credentialed and really appears to know his stuff...and certainly offers evidence that completely shows the once mainstream notion re Clovis people is probably incorrect.
What I did find surprising in this video is the sheer number of artifacts ..not just a couple here and a couple there but it shows sites where you can probably get a truck load in a week end.

As I said slow to take off so for those of you who look at a minute and make up your mind and jump around so as not to expose yourself to stuff that may change your view...don't...either watch it all or don't bother..but I feel for those who hold a genuine interest in this stuff to do the hard yards and spend the time it takes to hear this guy out.

Solutreans:The first Americans. Dr Standford Emerson centre 2012

I will get a link for you later.

alex

Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ntiWciV1C0

alex

Look for the part where they found stone tools in USA that were made from flint that came from France.
alex

Last edited by RB; 10-10-2019 at 01:52 PM.