View Single Post
Old 26-03-2019, 08:13 AM
PTZONE (Mario)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniSkunk View Post
Nothing extra needed, to use the scope from the 130p on the Virtuoso mount, or use the 90mm Mak-Cass on the 130p mount. 6
Both scopes use a standard Vixen rail.
On the mount, you tighten a mount rail bolt, to hold the Vixen rail on the scope, securely on the mount.
When you look at photos of the 130p, there looks to be a lever to adjust the altitude of the scope. That's actually the mount rail bolt.
When you unpack the 130p, or the Virtuoso, you need to loosen the mount rail bolt, so you can get the scope clear of the packing foam at the rear of the scope. So basically right from the get-go, you get to learn how to use and adjust the scope on the mount..
I'm warming up to the idea of buying a Heritage Virtuoso Mak 90mm, and a skywatcher 130P.
That way I have a portable system with a tracker, 2 scopes one at f13.8 and another with f5 which will allow me to observe DSO and planets as well as terrestrial objects.
Astro Petes http://www.astroanarchy.com.au/teles...Dob_Mak90.html I can mount the virtuoso on a tripod as well as upgrade with a GoTo if I want to later I think I can do this within my original budget as well.

Anything wrong with my thinking here?