View Single Post
Old 25-03-2019, 11:43 PM
JeniSkunk (Jenifur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTZONE View Post
I am new to this so not sure if i have used quotes properly.
You got the quoting system exactly correct.

Quote:
What will i need to do this?
Nothing extra needed, to use the scope from the 130p on the Virtuoso mount, or use the 90mm Mak-Cass on the 130p mount.
Both scopes use a standard Vixen rail.
On the mount, you tighten a mount rail bolt, to hold the Vixen rail on the scope, securely on the mount.
When you look at photos of the 130p, there looks to be a lever to adjust the altitude of the scope. That's actually the mount rail bolt.
When you unpack the 130p, or the Virtuoso, you need to loosen the mount rail bolt, so you can get the scope clear of the packing foam at the rear of the scope. So basically right from the get-go, you get to learn how to use and adjust the scope on the mount.

Quote:
I am guessing a suitable mount connected to the 130P installed at the right spot to allow the 130P to rotate to a vertical position.
On the 130p mount, there is plenty of back clearance to move the altitude of the 130p scope to zenith.
However, on the Virtuoso mount, using the 130p scope, you need to move the scope forwards on the mount, to an unbalanced position, to have the back clearance, to move the scope to zenith.

Quote:
Also because of the eypiesce location on the 130P I will have to choose the right height to set up the 130P.
I just have my 130p set up on an old wooden kitchen chair. You can see that in my avatar pic. As you move a Newtonian scope's altitude up, the eyepiece also moves up. So you use a lower stand to set the scope up on.
With the Virtuoso, you need something a bit higher, like a table, since the eyepiece on it moves lower, as you move the scope's altitude up.

Quote:
I believe i can get a the Virtuoso onto a tripod which would solve this challenge, is that right?
People have modified the 130p mount to put it onto a tripod. But with the motors in the Virtuoso mount, I don't think you could do such a modification.

Quote:
I haven't come across so far, if this is the case is there an adapter that will allow me to use a 2inch eyepieces?
There's is. Outcast mentioned he has one for sale, a couple of posts earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Thanks so much for the info