View Single Post
Old 17-08-2012, 06:13 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

Yes The Granite is a good prospect for views and also for weather. Of course if you want Baileys Beads south of he centre line is better. Never-the-less some friends and I have booked. The site looks great but of course it will be properly hot and it's BYO shade.

We've also had problems with communication, in particular we've had no replies from the eclipsedownunder web site. The station owners said that the cosmic convergence have part of the area but there is also room for general campers. We've enquired about how sites in the general area will be managed but apparently the organisers haven't responded.

Talk of helicopters is a surprise. I hope they have the sense to keep them away from the immediate dam area and out of the air near totality. I did consider climbing the granite but thought better of it. It seems that there isn't enough time in the morning, climbing during the night is difficult and more dangerous but sitting up there overnight could be considered. However I decided I have photographic ambitions and lugging the gear is too much.