Thread: Omega's Back!
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2020, 07:51 PM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi View Post
Very nice rendition LIS,

How are you powering the 70d? And do you store images on the SD card or off load in real time to a pc over cable or WiFi?

Cheers

Hemi

Thanks Hemi. When out in the field I use a battery grip for my cameras. Two batteries for a night's session.

At home I switch between the battery grip and a DC powerbank. All depends on what's connected to the camera at the time when I grab it I guess (I'm lazy).

Regarding storing images, in the field I tend to do both when using a laptop via USB. APT (Astrophotography Tool) is my GoTo for this.

At home things are different. To put it simply, I store directly to the computer. My cameras are connected to an Intel NUC (e.g Raspberry Pi, ASIAIR, Stellarmate, Eagle Core e.t.c) that's controlled remotely via WiFi and powered by solar. Although I wouldn't call it advanced, it's not something I would categorise as beginner either, so for this reason I won't go into detail about it here. However, the basic function of what it does is the same as a having a laptop that controls a camera and mount with a program such as APT, Backyard EOS, NINA e.t.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Excellent.
Alex
Thanks Alex.
It's one my favourite clusters.
It'd be an awesome site to visit if not for the extreme UV issue.