View Single Post
Old 15-01-2021, 01:58 PM
RugbyRene (Rene)

So I applied some grease to the azimuth and altitude bolts. Azimuth is fine and moves nice and smooth (it always did but thought I'd apply some grease for good measure).

The altitude bolt is another matter. Applied the grease and made sure it was evenly distributed along the screw. Problem is the tightness/jerkiness when turning the bolt is still there. I did some investigation and have found that if I lift the mount from the counter-weight bar, there is significant play (up to a degree). If I then apply load to the mount (by putting the counter-weights on) it looks as if the added pressure causes the teeth bind and this is what causes the stiff/jerky movements. If I lift from the counter weight it releases this pressure and on the bolt and it turns smoothly.

So this is either a design fault or my mount has an issue that needs to be looked into.

If anyone else has an AZEQ6 could you have a look and see if yours does the same thing? Just lift the mount from the counter-weights and see if you have any play.

Rene