View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 06:29 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Fitting a SCT Focuser

I am attempting to replace my ' helical ' focuser on my Intes MK65 with a 2" inch SCT Focuser.

So ....believe it or not, I tried a Baader ' Clicklock ' Adapter ( that is on my TAK FS78 ) and it screwed straight on to the Intes Mak..... ...surprise , surprise ...!!..

So now I know the ' thread pitch ' which is M56 x .075 on the back of my MAK. ( same as the draw tube on the FS78 )
A SCT 2" inch Crayford Focuser is M50 x 24tpi.....( internal thread ).... wrong ...it should be 50.80mm ( 2" inches )

I had an Adapter machined up with both required ' threads ' on each end to suit my little project.

I don't have a 2" inch SCT Focuser at the moment .....just need to get hold of one to see if it all works out.

Here are some ' pics ' and I chose the Adapter on the ' left ' side of the drawings......and the original focuser on the Intes.

Also ....you'll see why I have a ' wanted ' AD showing for a loan of a SCT Focuser ......if no response , I'll hop on a train and go see Astro Pete in the Myer Center in Brisbane, and take the Intes MAK with me. ....I need to try it out before parting with ' cash 'for a new SCT Focuser.

Fingers crossed ...it will work as I hope.

Col.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (5.jpg)
67.1 KB18 views
Click for full-size image (image.png)
46.4 KB15 views
Click for full-size image (P2020011.JPG)
87.0 KB15 views
Click for full-size image (P2020012.JPG)
76.6 KB15 views

Last edited by FlashDrive; 02-02-2019 at 07:17 PM.