View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 06:45 PM
pgc hunter

^I've found the 8" dob is a good place to be in terms of light grasp, weight and ease of setup. I'm incredibly lazy so that 5 minute set up time is critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental4astro View Post
My first point is, when you saw how "typical seeing" was and went back in in a huff, did you remeber to pluck the chook before eating it? "Typical seeing" conditions can make a man do weird things...

Very good read, Sab. You've got me chaffing at the bit to have a crack again. But, man, the conditions that you fluked upon, WOW. You are one lucky sod!
haha nah, the chicken was plucked and fully prepared for migration to its natural home.... my gut

I was stoked at the conditions, especially as it was so mediocre just after sunset. Usually when seeing is pus, I pack up the scope and head inside and drink some beer and eat chicken, turn on Poxtel and get my fix of South Park.

I guess with no moon and all with the Milkyway from Orion to Centaurus overhead, I chose to stay out and was duly rewarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick View Post
Congrats Sab! That's why we persist night after night, year after year - for those magic nights that come along, often unexpectedly. I need another one of those.
Indeed. Last time it was anywhere near this quality was in August so that's a 2 per year average.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
fabulous and inspiring report Sab.
thanks Liz, glad you enjoyed