View Single Post
Old 27-09-2012, 02:39 PM
davewaldo
Tasmania

Well here it is! Its not quite finished yet but I couldn't help myself, I had to assemble it to test out the balance and teflon positioning.

It currently only has 2 coats of poly, and I plan to put at least one more on, probably two.

I'm VERY happy with how it has turned out and it looks like it will be a pleasure to use. A big thankyou to Alex for all his help during the planning stages and putting up with all my questions during the build.

One issue I discovered today is that the discs don't attach to one side of the scope perfectly square so will need some careful shimming.

One thing not shown in the pics is that I have attached some ebony star to the inside of the discs so that I can place a small tab of teflon on the inside of the cradle to eliminate sideways movement of the discs. Attaching these and the alt teflon is all thats left to do other than more coats of poly. Oh and then I can mount the Argonavis. Once the mount is finished the OTA will be next to be refurbished, I have a FT focuser and plan to get the OTA powdercoated, but what colour????

Thanks everyone for looking and your support. I can't wait to get back into this hobby and enjoy visual observing once again!

Dave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (photo-1.jpg)
199.8 KB92 views
Click for full-size image (photo-2.jpg)
192.8 KB82 views