Thread: Hong Kong E-Bay
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2008, 01:13 PM
mdgodf (Mark)

Support and service goes both ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by billche View Post
"how many items that failed with the warranty period?" .

Piece of mind and the availability of local support are more important measures then raw failure numbers…I’ve had warranty claims and more importantly repairs outside warranty but free of charge because of the Australia Nikon supplier wanting to maintain a relationship – something that is sadly missing in this “cheap as possible never mind the service” world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billche View Post
At the end, I believed we just feel uncomfort when we see the word "from Chinxxxx" as it go beyond our comfort zone. I work in an international company and a lot of my colleagues go to HK or China and they just enjoy the shopping overthere and they will also give whoever going there a shopping list to see if that someone can help.

“from Chinxxxx” Not at all, many things are well made from china. I like local support and service, the protection of our business infrastructure (as Eric set out) and prefer to support Australian businesses notwithstanding the country of origin of the goods – what comes around goes around. The only time I don't is when the item I want is not available locally.

Last edited by mdgodf; 28-06-2008 at 01:24 PM.