View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 07:42 PM
yoda776 (Matt)

Hi Mark,

Have you had a look at Agena Astro. He is usually pretty good with postage as well and has a nice range - https://agenaastro.com/eyepieces/sho..._1mm_40mm.html. Depends on the pocket size and your personal opinion of good contrast, quality, etc. Really like my brandon 30mm and 48mm 2" pieces but they are not $200 AUD though! In line with Andrew's comment aboutn the 20mm explore scientific, IMO viewing through Televue they have some good pieces but not always the best. The 32mm Televue (1 1/4") would be in your price range and I love that eyepiece.

I personally have found the Meade 3000 series 40mm to be a real keeper (although hard to get). Sometimes looking around ebay or other astro sites can help find a secondhand eyepeice that works. The only thing I would say (from experience) peoples' views on quality differ significantly especially when posting ads so ask to check the lens in a good photo first. Meade 4000 series plossl can be good for the money. The Meade superwides and UltraWides in the 5000 series can be good too, although 2 inch widefields can also be quite heavy in the 30mm+ range.

Regards,

Matt