View Single Post
Old 14-01-2019, 04:40 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marke View Post
Thats a pain to find out they forgot to pack a part thankfully tho you are dealing with 2 good companies and really AP service is second to none .
Agreed Mark, they have been on my case so it will happen, I have faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by John K View Post
"So I have decided I am going to use the time to disassemble my whole rig and pull my NJP apart and re-grease her and wash my AG12 mirrors...."

G'day Mike - Congrats on the new rig!!

Nothing like spare time to do chores whilst your dream about using the new gear. Frustrating I know, but look at the bright side. Your AG scope and NJP mount will be much happier with you!

Look forward to more updates and pics.

Clear skies.

John K.
Yeah, I'm being a bit lazy John, trying to prod my self into getting out there and pulling everything apart...It'll be a bit of a big job, especially in this hot weather.. and then carting everything home in the car and storing and working on everything in an apartment will be a bit tight... Once I start I am sure it will progress steadily, going to send the Proline back for a good clean, re-gas and service too, may as well, then it will be like new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
I remember the feeling of upgrading from the EQ6 to DDM60 and just seeing the improvement in subs quality right off the bat.
It’ll be less extreme for you considering how well your NJP currently performs though. Still nice to see such a beast around the house but it’ll look even better installed in an Observatory
Cheers Col, yeah I can't imagine the guiding accuracy will be any better but who knows..? Be good if it was

Mike