View Single Post
Old 31-12-2018, 02:18 AM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Small steps but hopefully in the right direction.
I'm looking forward to catching some time with RobC in the New Year but in the meantime, I've pressed ahead with the PnP Focuser project (GitHub) and have managed to get a response out of it.
Thanks go to Gary for his advice here.
The problem had been that I could not install the "Upload" file to the Arduino Leonardo. I pressed the reset button on the Leonardo and got a fuller response but noted in the fine print that it had been unable to locate what proved to be a key file - avrdude.conf. It seems that there was an executable in part of the Arduio IDE setup called - you guessed it - avrdude.exe. I ran that and it created the required conf file for me. I then transported that to the right directory, did another reset on the Leonardo and ran Upload again - and BINGO! It worked.
I've now managed to get the Leonardo, 298P driver shield and LCD talking nicely and the temp sensor wired in and working as well. I haven't connected any motors yet.
That's my next heart-stopping step!

Peter

EDIT: Well I couldn't wait so I wired in the motor (a plain NEMA17 27:1 planetary gear job) sometime around 3 a.m. and Lo and Behold!! The bleedin' thing worked. Thanks Santa!

Last edited by pmrid; 31-12-2018 at 11:23 AM.