View Single Post
Old 26-10-2013, 04:39 AM
1parsec (Dave)

Hello Cathy,

Thanks.
It's taken a while to get the parts machined and finished, though everything went together very well.
I'm hoping to capture the belt tracking log over the weekend and compare the before and after performance. Once that's completed and all's well, I'll put the kit on the website.
I'm sure the improvement will be like the HEQ5 , eliminating the 10 sec tooth to tooth oscillation a big plus.
Though I can already say it sounds super smooth and quiet when slewing.

The main fitting instructions will be printed, with a .pdf file available on our website that have higer resolution images that can be zoomed in to.
There are a couple of stages during the disassembly that may be helped with a video, but will see how the printed instructions look like first.

I haven't finalised the price of the kit yet although it will be more expensive than the HEQ5 kit as there're more machined parts. The postage to Austrailia will be £9.95

We didn't make any compromises in the design. There are a number of significant improvements compared to the Beltonline kit.

I'd much rather have 6mm wide belts for this size mount and this is the main reason the extra parts were necessary. The 4mm wide belt seems minimal to me ?

We completely cnc machine the 12T and 47T pulleys from start to finish from bar stock and get excellent concentricity on the mounting bore to the tooth profile.
The Beltonline kit uses standard pulleys and then drills /bores them to size which is difficult to get good concentricity and consistency.
I believe our kit will be well worth the extra cost

All the best
Dave.