View Single Post
Old 15-07-2019, 06:42 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

If anyone can help...what is the radius on an old eq6 from the polar axis to the puck...if I know that I can make up a template replicating the space and travel for the eight inch.
Alex

Problem solved..pier will be 7.33 inches closer to center of box and 1.5 to one side..also the bottom of the scope could extend out yhe door just a little☺...fantastic.
And for the door I can cut out the top beam and place a beam about a foot above the ground which I will have to step over but thats better than getting thru the current small doorway.
Alex

Cant start work until the ice melts☺
Alex

So decided not to wait for the ice to melt and decided to start the genny and drill me some holes. Damn thing would not start, so gave it a rest and tried again, still no go, a few more then went thru the routine...turn economy mode off..check...make sure cap is loose cause the air vent does not work..check...leave it in the Sun to warm up..have another cuppa...check the oil..it has an auto cut out if the oil is low...no go..no spark plug spanner here and to early to go to the house...another cuppa...went back..damn it I had not switched it on..switch on started first pull...but whilst waiting I realised everything was wrong...it was a mirror reverse ...the template needed turning over...so it was lucky the genny did not start as everything would have been wrong☺.
Anyways one third thru now and so far all looks good...so far.
Alex

And a word of warning...tie your beard up..I could not figure these little "hits" I was getting around my face but then I saw some wiskers sticking out of the cooling fan in the drill...lucky I realised and now stop doing a close up inspection whilst drilling.
Alex

Somehow I managed to assemble this section outside in one piece and drag it thru the tiny door but happily due to many checks and thinking things thru it sat perfectly in place...I wont fasten it to the exterior until all the frame is in so I can make sure everything is one the same level...I hate it when you lay a panel type floor and a bearer is too high and although you nail it down so no one can tell always deep down you know that underneath is not percect and you just cant live with that.
Anyways I may knock off now and go work on the desk for my daughter.
And let me tell you about my trick with the not functional fridge..I pit stuff in there and will always use kt as a pantry..I dont like the idea of gas as things can go wrong...I will bring up my neat 12 volt Aldi fridge in time...last night I cooked some loverly sausages and had half for dinner...the other half I planned to have tonight...so last night U left the fridge door open and as it gets to freezing in the van (1 degree at 6 am or thereabouts and ice on the timber outside) everything was pretty cool ...so put the left over sausages in the fridge which even now is at 5 degrees ...low enough for cooked meat.
But as I have said the more you do the more things pop up in the finishing dept and that does not include painting which even for this small unit is a bit of work.

And I worked out how to rotate it...should work...I will get pipe and place them at the top of an inclinded hardwood plank so when the box is leveled up to sit on the last piece of pipe the thing will want to run down hill turning as it goes...It will be ontetesting to see if it rotates with no effort other yhan lifting it with a lever...thinking it thru I cant see how it wont work.
Alex

She was too tired too work so I came back had a short nap and completed the other frame sections but was too tired to put them in so I will do that in the morning afyer the Moon thing.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20190716_074826-1.jpg)
201.7 KB131 views
Click for full-size image (20190716_113533-1.jpg)
96.0 KB61 views

Last edited by RB; 08-10-2019 at 07:41 PM.