View Single Post
Old 15-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

They're doing what they've always done. They show average samples on their web site (have a look at the original 5D and 5D Mark II samples, they were also garbage), yet, people have used both those cameras to make iconic images. If people were to make their minds up about Canon's prosumer range judging by the samples on their web site, they wouldn't have sold any. I don't agree with this, entirely; they should show what a professional can do. But, I guess, they want to show what is possible, straight out of camera, without any /further/ image processing.

The RAW converter will ship in the box with the camera, as they have always done. A week or so later, the latest DPP will be available online to download. As they have always done. This time it is a little different in that the RAW specification has changed (likely due to DLO implementation) and the current DPP cannot read the files. This hasn't happened before.

I would still argue that Canon systems deliver colour and vibrancy straight off the sensor/out of the camera better than the Sony sensor -- particularly when it comes to skin tones. This is something that I am not willing to forego for the work I do.

If Canon releases a megapixel monster later on down the line, I will be the first in line to buy that, too.

H