View Single Post
Old 28-07-2018, 05:47 PM
PRejto (Peter)

I must be cursed!

My Gemini now fails to rotate at all. I was doing a simple experiment with essentially no weight on the rotator. It rotated about 1.5 times without any issue but suddenly stopped and indicated "not homed." I tried to home it. Motors spin up but rotator doesn't rotate. After awhile it announced "homing failed." Hoping it was software I disconnected power and USB. Reconnected power and motors start spinning but no movement. After a while they stopped so I connected the software. It connected and indicated homed at 0.00 degrees. Tried to rotate and nothing. Strangely it counts up or down as it tries to rotate and the numbers stop on the assigned degree of rotation even though there is no physical rotation. I tried the hand controller too. My guess is that something is rotating internally to activate sensors of position and that something has broken that links that mechanism to the actual rotation.

Anyone here have any experience opening or servicing a Gemini? I fear I will be packing it up for a trip to the USA. At this rate I will never get to image.

Peter