E_ri_k (Erik)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpal View Post
Hi Erik,
what about trying a VariLock spacer?

http://www.optcorp.com/ba-t2-25y-var...e-20-29mm.html

cheers
Allan
Thanks Allan, looks good, I'd still need an adapter made to go either side of it though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Erik,

Are you sure you even need a flattener with a KAF8300 camera? That is a fairly small sensor and field flatteners may only be needed around APS and full frame sensor sizes only in many scopes.

Greg.
That was my thought also at first, but without it there is quite a noticeable amount of distortion around the image.

I have tried Troys method of inspecting subs at different spacings, and the star shapes do vary between the different lengths. My method for inspection was a little 'lazy' mainly visual, and I managed to get round stars all around the image. I did notice a change in the FWHM also, but I think the seeing may have played a part there also.

The specified 106.2mm seems to work well, but I did get very similar FWHM values at 106.5mm-108.5mm spacings. Which is promising I guess, as there may be a fairly high amount of tolerance? I was using a tape measure, but I'll invest in a pair of callipers and double checking before ordering anything.

I will have some photos to post a bit later!

Erik