View Single Post
Old 31-07-2019, 01:11 PM
RyanJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Then we can have an STC duo trifid battle ! Got a few hours of it over the weekend, but lousy weather this week. This weekend looks okay?

It looks the trifid is an ideal target with the duo filter - the Ha and OIII are separating nicely. Might seem redundant to use it here but it really clobbers the background noise in light polluted Sydney.

The lagoon was another matter. The Halpha swamps everything. I've been struggling with it's processing ...
Please don’t make me battle with you on Trifid Chris. I’m not nearly as proficient as you. Despite the leaps I’ve taken with this image, your starless dragons still feature on my missus phone background

I had an absolute shocker last night and ended up throwing out what little data I had. FWHM of 6.5 and focus to the left, doughnuts to the right. Not only that but I fitted a dew heater because my flattener and filter fog up super quick and it cut my imaging time by over half with the current draw on my battery.

I’m looking forward to seeing your efforts on both Lagoon and Trifid. If I remember rightly you use PI for processing so im not sure if I can offer any assistance but if you’d like to email / pm me with the struggles there might be something I’ve done that you can relate or vice versa ?