View Single Post
Old 23-09-2020, 08:48 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

2 phone scammers in one day

Haven't had any for a LONG time, but I think they figured out (d'uh) that many people are at home now. I had my first full day off since July today.

I answered the first one - landline (I know, right?) at about 12:45. Long silent pause, then a pre-recorded message spiel by a British accented lady. She told me our internet was going to be cut off in 4 hours as our "rooter" (not "rowter" as most pronounce it, though I suppose in British english rooter is proper) was faulty, and to press 1 to talk to a representative. For giggles, I pressed 1 and yes, Sahib Vaddakedathu answered (OK, that is a real Canberra politician, but he is such a numpty I am using his name)...oh man, he could barely read his pitch. I just hung up.

Second one came in at 1430 as I waited to pick up the kids from school. It looked like a Sydney number (bought one no doubt), so I answered it. Sahib again, but this time he said he was Brian Jones () from RTA. I said who and what...I could barely hear him over the cacophony of the other scammers in the same room all yelling fractured Inglish (yes, Inglish...get it?). He said Brian Jones from the Road Traffic Authority and that he was calling in regards to the car crash I had recently - "Do you remember it?". I said, "Oh, the one where I accidentally killed a man?"...silence..."Hello?" says I...silence...then he hung up

I think I'll keep answering them.