View Single Post
Old 15-05-2020, 03:26 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Looking good Alex, amazing setup achieved with hardwork & improvisation..

Looks like a great spot to while away the hours.. are there any fish in the lake/dam?
Thank you Calton.
No fish yet but I plan to put in some maquarie perch not only in that dam but in another dam on the place and in fact putting in another dam to bring together various fish farming techniques I have put together over the years to greatly reduce production costs..an experiment to test novel food production for fish. A fish costs a great deal to feed so the less money spent on buying food the better and the last time I looked production cost was around $10 a kilo which makes the price you get at the farm gate critical ..my method could reduce production costs by half perhaps even more..but I need to test it in three different dams..it's inexpensive, a few solar panels, small pumps, lights and wire netting a d Polly pipe..that it's beauty..inexpensive for hopefully high yield..also I developed a high yield yabbie system that strangley I can run in the same dam as fish...it is funny cause use of the system provides more food for the fish and protects big yabbies while providing some small ones for fish food...anyways aqua culture is one of my hobbies that I really dont talk about...but I could write a book..been into it for 25 years.
Alex