View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Xeteth (David)

If you're connecting the cable from the guide camera directly into the autoguiding port on the mount then in the PHD2 connection menu for the mount you should select "on camera". This way commands are sent to the mount via the camera.

Note that I've been told by a few sources that this isn't the best way to guide; it should be done directly to the mount (not via the guide cam) but as I'm also relatively new to this I'm not sure on the reason why.

Is your EQ6 one of the new ones that has a USB port on the mount? Or just the hand controller and autoguider ports?

I'm using a Windows laptop not a Mac, so I'm unsure if you can do this, but I can suggest if possible using EQMOD for mount connection and control as it will allow you to do things like plate solving through many programs commonly used (I'm using Astrophotography Tool and love it!).

Edit: it appears EQMOD doesn't work on Mac. However there is EQMAC, you should check out if it'll be what you're after - http://eqmac.hulse.id.au/content/con...ount-important

Last edited by Xeteth; 08-09-2019 at 06:53 PM.