View Single Post
Old 24-12-2011, 09:16 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodstar View Post
I went up to the Skillion at Terrigal at about 3.30 this morning with my eldest boy Jack to join Iceman and RB for a look.

Unfortunately the central coast had some heavy cloud cover to the east which hung like a heavy drape over the bottom 10-15 degrees of sky immediately above the horizon. We could still see about the rear third of the tail visually. Mike and Andrew were capturing a lot more with their cameras - I am looking forward to seeing the results once they are posted.

It brings back so many memories of McNaught in 2007. So much love and joy (if you will excuse the pun).
Was great to catch up with Rod and RB this morning, such a shame about the clouds. I can't believe such a big thick bank of cloud sat right over the top of Lovejoy for 2 hours. It just teased us.

I've got a timelapse that will look good as a star field up around crux, but not much in the way of a comet

Don't think I'll be able to try again for a few days, being xmas day tomorrow, and leaving for holidays the day after.