View Single Post
Old 20-02-2018, 10:46 AM
deepskyeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by John K View Post
You would propably get more responses if you posted this question in the beginners equipment section I would say.

An RC8 on an EQ5 or EQ6 could be a good start for you with a OSC camera from ZWO, You will also need an autoguider and electric focuser.

http://www.andrewscom.com.au/optical-telescopes

Otherwise keep a look out for a a S/H AP set up on IIS.

The move from a dobsonian straight into doing AP through a telescope is a big move. You will need to learn how to polar align, guide, focus, take images and then process your images.

Perhaps start off with an 8" on an EQ mount like the RC8 and do some picky back stuff first.

Good luck.

John K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileys2611 View Post
I started off with Binoculars and an old Tasco hobby scope.

Then moved to an iOptron and an 80mm APO with an orion starshoot. Polar alignment was the very first hurdle and from there you can upgrade.

Neq6 came shortly thereafter with the same APO, then a Meade 8" and then a 9.25" Celestron on a Paramount MX.

After a short sojourn into an MI-250 I went to a 12" RC and ended up with an AP1600GTO.

Each step was incremental and required more understanding of photography, alignment, tracking, software, guiding, collimation, scope cleaning and care, mechanical concepts, adapters, shipping (!!), science of light and refraction, some complex math on CCDs and capturing data, image processing and so on.

It never ends, but who would want it to. Certainly no-one on this forum.
I was thinking of getting an eq Mount for wh dob but it’s collapsable so it isn’t compatible.

Onwards and upwards!