View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 07:30 AM
GodsPetMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
If traffic is anything like Sydney I'll provide a buffer of at least 2 hours to come into Brisbane.
Thankfully we aren’t as bad as Sydney! (Yet). I’d recommend you book a car spot online, cheaper and it means you know where to go straight up. Of course, being a week day, don’t expect to arrive and have pick of the parking lot!

Getting out from the city I’d recommend the Caboolture route, though it isn’t going to be a huge difference either way. Via Caboolture offers much better surfaced roads. Either way, plan to head off by 2pm - traffic starts to build from 2:30pm for the school run, and straight after the kids have been secured peak hour kicks off.

The other option, if you are comfortable with public transport on unfamiliar cities, is to park well out of the city and catch the train in. Coming in on the Ipswich line is one ticket with a single change over at Roma Street station for a the next train to cross the river to South Brisbane station. Do the reverse to get back. Our rail network is pretty straightforward and this would mean traffic is a non-issue. You would need to share the train with commuters though