View Single Post
Old 19-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Paul Haese

Thanks guys for the comments and discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff45 View Post
This is very interesting and worthwhile Paul. I recall a talk by Jay Gabany at the AAIC where he demonstrated surprising features revealed by ultradeep exposures (I think you were there too). I think there may be a lot of unexpected stuff out there.
Geoff
Yes I was there, Jay is an advocate for plenty of data and heaps in colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Ultra deep exposures are the way to go especially if you have done lots of imaging and don't have the "got to image the next object bug".

The hard part here Paul will be blending the Ha into the LRGB and retaining those Ha details. I find a lot of the Ha detail goes missing when its blended in to RGB and if you try to set Ha as luminance it makes salmon colours.

Greg.
The hard part is remaining focused on the task Greg. I just keep setting the amounts I need and do a bit of processing in each filter once in a while to see how things are going. When I did the Helix with 111 hours I just keep processing the Ha and OIII data to see what was changing. Unfortunately I lost the urge to keep going and failed to produce anything like Suavi's image recently.

Agreed, that Ha can go missing. I am planning on using the lighten mode and colourisation technique to show the Ha data. When it is bright it really shows up well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Yes well, longer exposures'll do that....

Looks almost identical to my Ha data on the object taken exactly a year ago, almost like it was taken with the same scope

Mike
We'll not exactly the same scope but same model. Minus the corrrector Though your image is a lot bigger than mine too, I take it your resampled. Your data was about 150 minutes but you were using the 694 sensor, which was more sensitive to hydrogen I believe. This was done with the 8300 I have in the QSI. I have a 694 in an Aluma but it is not fitted to the scope at present. So this data is not quite as sensitive as what your sensor can achieve at the same integration. Did you see the jets coming out of the core there? Top and bottom? I cannot see them in your combined image but they might be there in the Ha. Feel free to post your Ha here for interest.