View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 08:52 PM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Jen, the hairspray I'm using I nicked from my mum 25 years ago! Hairspray is essentially a type of quick drying varnish. I cannot recommend which hairspray. Just be aware that hairsprays contain more additives than dedicated fixatives. These additives may react with the paper over time. If the paper is white, this may be obvious. Black paper much less so, if at all noticeable.

~x.X.x~
If it were not for my Daystar Quark and the Sun, I would have nothing much to show for the year.

This morning I set up my solar gear for a Captain Cook. I was greeted with an amazing vista!

3/4 of the Sun had no significant activity. But one quarter sector had not just a sensational Arch Prom. straddled by a pair of sentinel pillars, and also a string loop of sunspots - something I had never seen before.

You'll find a more extensive write up on this spectacular apparition in my blog - link in my signature.

I've added a couple of 'accidental' photos of the sketch. While photographing the sketch, I accidentally selected a multiple exposure setting that takes pics using different effects. Two of these effect pictures show the chromosphere features of my sketch more clearly than the straight colour photo does. So I've included these 'special effect' pics for this reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Sol 1st Nov 2015 (1) - Copy.jpg)
64.5 KB46 views
Click for full-size image (Sol 1st Nov 2015 (3) - Copy.jpg)
76.4 KB37 views
Click for full-size image (Sol 1st Nov 2015 (2) - Copy.JPG)
182.6 KB32 views
Click for full-size image (Sol 1st Nov 2015 (4) - Copy.jpg)
83.9 KB33 views