View Single Post
Old 27-08-2009, 11:01 AM
StevenA (Steven)

Happy 5th Birthday

wow! Their is so much to say when it comes to what I have recieved from being a member of IIS and using this site. I could talk about the information I have gleaned from just reading the forums and article provided. I could talk about the help people have offered when I have asked questions. The 'thing' I get the most of is the
Commerardiary (Spelling ?) and Friendship.
Member have been inspiration for me in this socially awkward interest. After all it is a late night type of obssession and most are already winding down for the night or are already asleep. It is basically a lone interest They have also been supportive and sympathetic too. When things have been hard they inspired me to keep trying and help to resolve the problem by giving advice or more information. Sympathy or empathy has been forth coming when I have needed it but have not expressed the need. ISS members seem to be aware of more than what is simply written. They read between the lines. Ametuer Astronomers are more than average people they are intuitive and intelligent. THis I have learnt from the ISS site.
So what have I 'got' from being a member of the ISS site and how has it helped me? Well I have been helped both emotively and physically (when a kind person sent me a couple of EP's; the ones I had were old and scratched). Most importantly of all I have been given "Friendship".
For this I am truly grateful.