Old 24-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Great colours and resolution.

Show off!
Thanks Marc
The mount does all the work. I learnt a few things from my first night out with the camera attached to the Mewlon, made imaging an absolute breeze. In saying that, it is not something I'd have EVER wanted to have attempted with the EQ6 I had. It guided well and I could get 1 hour subs in Ha at 1.5"/pixel but it certainly wasn't smooth!

One night I would like to see how long I can push the exposures without guiding. Wouldn't mind seeing how 20 minutes would go with this setup, good to know if I ever do some dark site imaging with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckx View Post
Really like those colours Colin. What is the blue item in the bottom left of the image?
Colour wise this is my favourite image of the night, it's also the one that I had the best seeing on so everything looks a bit less washed out.
The blue spike on the bottom left is a star that is just out of view, just out beyond the edge of the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Nice one, Colin. Lovely colour. I also quite like the diffraction spikes you get with the Mewlon. I'm imaging at 0.5"px and that's tough; I don't think I'd want to try 0.4"/px

Finally got a clear night here that's not blowing a gale, nor a full moon, and coincidentally I set my sights on M55 early in the evening, moving onto NGC 253 when it hits 45 degrees. Unfortunately I have no idea if any of the data is any good because I forgot to plug my ethernet cable back in and the observatory is all the way up there. Probably garbage seeing, knowing my luck.
I agree with you, I quite like the 6 spikes. They tend to not be quite so intrusive as the four spikes brightness wise.
I would much rather be at 0.7-0.8"/pixel as it matches me average seeing a lot better but if this is what I've got then it's what I've got.

Here's hoping you had 1" seeing and everything is going perfectly while you have no connection