View Single Post
Old 29-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Hans-Heinrich

Version 2.1.0 with interessting new features

Hello,
I have now released version 2.1.0 of my Program 'VCS-Virtual Couder Screen'.
Most important new feature is an autómatic evaluation of measured values by longitudinal and transverse aberration as well as a surface error profile. Results are shown graphically and can easily be stored as reports.
Additionally there is a possibility of automatic optimization by minimal transverse aberration, the progress of which can be followed in the graphs.

It is important to mention that this evaluation is according to the algorithm used by Jean Texereau.
No doubt, this approach has its limits in terms of absolute accuracy, but - despite that - gives a good impression of the mirror's current quality and instantly tells the mirror maker where the surface needs further retouching. Looking at the optimized transvers aberrations graph you can immediately say if your mirror already meets the Raileigh Criterion and the wavefront error is less than Lambda/4 PV.

The benefit is that it's now possible to evaluate the mirror instantly within the application and not having to transfer the readings to other applications every time.

To my mind these evaluations are sufficient for a great part of the parabolizing process. When finishing the suface, it is of course recommended to transfer the readings to other evaluation programs that are specially designed for this purpose and thus deliver more detailed results (Strehl etc.) - not least to take advantage of the high precision of measured values provided by the Auto Compare Mechanism.

Furter informations here: www.sonderloesungen-wenk.at/index.php?id=vcs

regards
Hans-Heinrich
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (VCS_Graphics.jpg)
68.0 KB86 views