View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Dober (Steve)

14mm 9mm & 6.5 Morpheus reviews

Thank you all for your comments,

I have been into this hobby for a short while but so far have found with forum reviews that its not easy to find comments on specific eyepieces for instance, used or tested on scopes that match that of the researcher.

As Alex suggested not all eyepieces of which ever FL will produce the best view in all scopes and not all reviewers have the a number of eyepieces at their disposal in similar focal lengths, fields of view etc to compare side by side in their own scopes, let alone the many and varied scopes out there and owned by those who seek the review on particular equipment.

One can be lucky sometimes and find the right review put up by someone with enough experience to provide an accurate appraisal. I have not got that experience yet so am reliant on those well rounded reviews to guide my decisions.

I want to get the best out of my scope so have invested in a couple of Tevevue pieces which I really like but am open minded in terms of eyepiece lines. Hence the Morpheus inquiry.

I have ordered a 9mm Morpheus and as Gus K and others have commented they are said to have an immersive view, I hope that's the impression I get when mine turns up. The closest I have to it now is a 11mm Nagler so should be an interesting comparison in terms of sharpness and feel.

Thanks Steve