View Single Post
Old 13-08-2019, 06:18 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Excellent work Marc, what magic dust did you sprinkle on your Tak mirror to manage the huge dynamic range difference.
I wish I had some magic dust, I would have used it on the egress. I just tweaked the capture frame rate trying to see Saturn while keeping some details on the limb. If I had to do it again I would under expose Saturn. It's easier to lighten up than deal with burnt data.

Quote:
Your Saturn looked a bit steadier than the live views on my screen in Brisbane; up here is was wobbling like a jelly (my wife's comment ).
And I thought mine was wobbly. How did you get so much details.
Quote:
Such an exciting event and your excellent animation brings it to life - well done, a lot of work in preparation and processing.

It was interesting to see what appears to be a slightly more slanted angle of ingress from your location - I wonder if this is the result of our different imaging locations, sort of a parallax effect.

Cheers

Dennis
Yeah I wondered about that too. I could correlate Alex's limb details in his wideshot but not yours. Angle was also different. There is 7 degrees difference in latitude.