View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 04:40 PM
knightrider
Unregistered User

Agreed, excellent information Alex. Thanks for the detailed explanation. In my GSO 30mm I haven't been disappointed by it's views by any means, I'm actually quite happy with it. I haven't been spoilt by anything else at this stage so I don't know any better. I have seen distortions at the outer edges but it's far enough out that it's not where I'm looking anyway.

The worst I've seen was in my now gone GSO 15mm SV, distortions/blur started at least 70% percent out in the 10" F/4.7 dob but performed really well in the 6" F/8 dob.

The 25mm super plossl I have I noticed some flare off the stars, I don't recall them being comet tails, more like seagulls. However now that you've explained it, should I expect a plossl to be a good match for my scope? My problem with this one primarily is it's narrow FOV.

I agree with every FL being unique in it's performance in X or Y scope. I expect by the time I finish, every FL EP will be a different brand.
When it comes to reading other's reviews on forums, the hardest thing I find is to determine is what scope their using it in. As I go through them there's many that will recommend an EP even though it's a different FL to what they've used, on top of that many don't state what scope or focal ratio their scope is....and when they do, it normally ends up being a long FL refractor or mak... :/

Last edited by knightrider; 06-04-2019 at 04:41 PM. Reason: grammar