Thread: Goto
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2020, 11:44 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well it may be a while before I go to Stella for two reasons..first the hand paddle, although had one with me for maybe 20 years ..but not used, is new and novel to me and frankly I am really enjoying using it..I can sit and it maybe be slow but I can manage that in other areas of my life so why not when moving the scope..second..my mouse has gone crazy and I have yet to find out what is the problem ...just selecting things in Sharpcap is a pain ..it will get some new batteries after shopping ..that's all I can think...anyways the thought of selecting objects on a planetarium at the moment with that mouse makes me shudder...however...last night I would get one or two decent subs then trails..so I would move the counter weight...but then the thing went the other way (in RA)..I could not get the weights correct it seemed ...so after a while I thought I will just watch and see what it is doing...well two good subs move to the East thru four bad subs, having got there two good subs then trails, four or three whilst moving to the West where it gave me two good subs then went back East...damn I have been sold a pup this is bad..oh I forgot to train this one..it seemed so good I had not bothered..big mistake young players..so trained it up and now it is doing fine...what I can't figer is why this had not shown up earlier, maybe it had cause back then I was t not checking via blow ups being preoccupied with other things I guess and probably too crook to be out there.

After about 15 minutes training , using Sharpcap blow up 50% and after a while anticipating movement as they arrived I got it pretty darn good ..seeing was the only thing that made the star wiggle...it would do two minutes unguided on M42 to produce passable subs..but not perfect..but I want better so did a few at 60 seconds and near perfect and consistent. Very happy with my pup.
Will run if for a while unguided to make sure the mount is as good as it can be..and resist all urges to pull it down for a blue print grease and inspection..maybe..then auto guide for sure...when I get my new decent USB cable.

So in bed by 4 am with maybe 40 decent but hard won subs of M74 ..this was three hours later than I wanted to go to bed cause planned fixing foam to some walls this morning..which I have done as it was just so easy...still a lot to be done but at least half complete and the West side is complete..it will be very nice in there ..better than the van...anyways buying two cheap fans on the shopping day and will look for a camp bed.
One problem moving the roof makes such a racket and I am sure the neighbours will hear it..and the cable jumps from high to low and bangs like a gun..so I have decided to cover the scope and leave it open until morning..give it an airing and morning Sun then close it..so next project is sorting cable flow and building sound proof boxes for each motor.
Going to sleep now.
Alex