Thread: Goto
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2020, 03:04 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Goto

My first goto mount was a Meade LXD 55 which I purchased I recall before I joined Iceinspace...and shortley after I purchased an eq6 ...I was not interested in goto ( I just wanted tracking nothing else) as I enjoyed being able to find objects just by looking at a star map going out and finding it...I did so much visual I sortta knew where everything was.. even recently I bought a heq5 and not used goto...it always seemed a slow way of doing things...however I recently bought a new eq6 and after doing a perfect polar align thought ok lets do the goto thing...so I did a one star alignment and a minor correction and everything now appears on the Sharpcap screen ..not exactly center but its there...I can see the attraction...so after not finding M74 the other night which was most strange I thought let me see if goto can get it...well yes it did..so took some snaps but have not processed but I thought there was a supernova in there...that would be funny...but the batteries have been flattened after two nights ...So I bought a new genny yesterday but I am so crook I cant lift it out of the car...
But goto is not bad I guess.
Alex