View Single Post
Old 24-08-2016, 09:48 PM
SimmoW (SIMON)
Farting Nebulae

Simmo's first test of the ASI1600MM COOL

Hi folks, just a quick ASI1600 camera update from me. Last night in Melbourne we had the first 'mainly clear' night for many weeks. Coincidentally that night I received the very last adapter to mount the image train to the 'scope.

Thankfully I found sharp focus very easily. Rather relieved, as with all the attachments like filter wheel and OAG, the backfocus was a challenge to keep within limits. All good, yay!

This is a stack of 13 shots of 20 seconds (!!) each, taken on my Tak E-130D f3.3 'scope. Just luminance. Gain at 100. Temp -15c.

Guiding was crap as I'm yet to work out how to accurately focus the new Lodestar guide cam, and mount alignment was shocking due to a few issues I worked out later. So don't pixel peep too much!

Now that focus is confirmed, I'll fill up the new filter wheel with its goodies and pray for good weather.

In my moderately dark location, pixinsight tells me that the optimum luminance exposure is...wait for it...90 seconds! Will be interested to see what the NB filters produce.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image.jpg)
202.5 KB128 views