View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Zuts

Thanks for everyones replies and taking the time.

I am going UPS because its coming from Canada.

I have seriously been considering a QHY8, mainly because I beleive they are good value for money and of course the pixel count.

The self guiding is not that big a plus for me at my current FL of 600 mm but in the future I am thinking of getting a LX200R 10 inch or C9.25 OTA for imaging and then i think self guiding will be a big plus.

The camera is at least a year old but is the latest version with the 2020 chip and 257 guide chip, but no external guide port. I guess I am relying on SBIG reliability and hoping it will last me at least a few years. I notice there are still lots of parrallel interface SBIGS around.

One other issue is I am not sure regards resale as though new ST7, ST8 are being produced I dont think they are that popular because of pixel count and maybe will soon be replaced, like the ST4000 with the ST2000. That is a chance i have to take I guess.

Thanks Gary regards chip to reducer distance, I should also check this for my Canon as I never considered this.

If I was a millionaire i would get a STL2K, but I'm not so if i want an SBIG then this is about it in my price range.

Have to make up my mind tonight or he wont hold the camera any more.

Decisions

Paul