View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 12:21 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Welcome to the forum
There’s plenty of folk here to help with your Astro journey
If you want to pursue Astrophotography, in particular Deep Space Astrophotography then my advice is to use an EQ mount not an AZ
Beginner EQ mounts like a Skywatcher or Saxon HEQ5 are fairly straightforward to use and can carry payloads up 10kg. Try to avoid saying the word “want something easy” or it’s too hard”. In Astrophotography once you learn something then it becomes easier , you never stop learning that’s the fun part. I started nearly 5 years ago knowing nothing at all , but step by step you achieve little goals and eventually develop more skill and really enjoy what the hobby has to offer.
As far as a beginner scope goes start of with a 6” Newtonian reflector or an 80mm refractor. Steer away from SCT , RASA , C and CT’s etc....
Again there’s plenty of help out there so don’t be put off by the term “EQ mount” as I have written procedures how to set up and operate a Skywatcher mounts. I only use newtonian reflector telescopes and started off with a Canon 600D ( still use it sometimes) now use a ZWO2600MC OSC cooled Astro camera
All the best and enjoy your Astro journey
Cheers
Martin