View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Visionary (David)

It is clear my question has been misinterpreted as a partisan political post. My question was simple, not political, shouldn't we be enraged at the cost of the NBN? Cern, the worlds grandest and most expensive science experiment, so expensive multi countries were required to fund the experiment was a 1/3 the cost of the NBN.
When we see the Political Class embroiling us in profligate spending we should demand answers. We shouldn't sit passively and allow the unacceptable to simply slip by. The authors of the travesty that is the NBN enjoyed their gains. Like Uni students doing a runner from a restaurant, we are left with the bill.
Iceinspace has the greatest concentration of highly educated individuals I have encountered, outside a University or similar setting. Surely it is the task, the obligation, of the Scientifically literate to proclaim the Emporer has no clothes. The NBN has no clothes, the NBN is profligate, it is wasteful, it has squandered our Children's inheritance, don't we have a right to be angry? Surely, it is the task of the literate to denounce the waste that is the NBN, irrespective of political leaning, the medical truism "never let the sun set on pus" is true of the NBN, the literate need to lance the boil.