Thread: SBIG or QHY9
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:29 PM
netwolf

The Sbig and Qhy camera being discussed in the OP use the Kodak chip. What is the purpose of raising an issue about a Sony chip that is not even in the camera's being discussed. Based on the OP the discussion is comparing two camera with the same Kodak sensor, can we stay on topic here guys. I to am tossing up between these two cameras down the track and would like to see more from actual users.

My only experince with a SBIG was my friend ST-237 and it was the first hands on i had with a CCD camera. It was awesome compared to the later borrowed DSI experience i had. The software, the camera, the filters it all just worked. I would like to know how true this is for the ST8300 and the Qhy9 users.

I would suggest a seperate thread to discuss AQE, as it seems to merit discussion on weahter such a curve could be derived for the Sony's.

Also its worth considering that it is the very comppetivie pricing of the Qhy that has brought abou the recent response in lowering of prices by other establisedh companies. Were it not for Qhy what would the ST8300 cost? competition is good and glad its there in this. I would like to see more affordable cameras like this in the future.

Last edited by netwolf; 08-12-2009 at 11:40 PM.