View Single Post
Old 13-03-2013, 03:33 PM
rogerg (Roger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naskies View Post
This sounds like Canon's habit of artificial product differentiation (vs the 5DmkIII) through limiting camera usability/ergonomics?
That's what I wondered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsun View Post
I don't mind the change of button set up from the 7D with all settings being done via the Quick control button, only because I have now gotten used to it. But I don't like the position of the play button.It is too close to the others. In the dark I am always hitting the QC button.
Overall though I'm loving the quality and practically noiseless shots it produces.
Agreed that the shots are practically noiseless. Good to hear your experience regarding the buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
For me at least, the ultimate criteria in any camera is the image quality and for astro the high ISO low noise performance. Ergonomics, other aspects to me are secondary although nice. Astro work is really only demanding a few things from the camera. Mainly low noise at high ISO and a decent live view with magnification for focusing.

In this regard the 6D is way advanced over the 7D.
Yes, agreed. I use my camera for much more than astro so my criteria is as much focused around usability and suitability in other scenarios.

Quote:
The 7D is a fabulous camera but there is a 7D mark 11 just around the corner that per Canon CEO is likely to be the last pro APSc camera. Leaked specs are very very impressive though so if you don't like 6D ergonomics then perhaps hang out for the new 7D11.
I won't be expecting the 7DII to have noise levels near the 6D or 5DIII, but I could be pleasantly surprised I suppose.

Quote:
So 6D versus 7D2 may be a tougher decision especially if you already love your 7D and no doubt have mainly APSc lenses which will not work on 6D (I assume).
I have no APSc lenses. Most of my L lenses I purchased when I was using full frame film believe it or not. My intention has always been to move my way back to full frame but to be honest I no longer have a preference between full frame vs crop except for the glaring technicalities of pixel size matched with focal ratio problems and noise.

Thanks for your input.