View Single Post
Old 27-08-2007, 10:41 AM
thorsdad
Triffid Nebula

Hi Guys

Hi everyone,

I found this site a few weeks ago while doing a search on a telescope review. Great site
I've always had a bit of an interest in astronomy, but earlier this year when I stepped out my back door and saw the McNaught comet, that just blew me away, and that was just with the naked eye. I've been learning a few of the constellations and planets, and been viewing with the binos and my son's 60mm refractor. Caught a nice view of Jupiter last week, and we could even see 4 moons which was a buzz.
I've been looking at upgrading to a reflector, and have been considering a 150/750 reflector on an eq mount, or even a 200/800, probably GSO like. Would love to take photos of what we see, so I understand a rock solid mount is a good idea, hence a reflector on eq mount rather that a dob. Also, we'd like the scope to be reasonably portable to take away to dark sky places, so some 10 to 12 inch monster is probably a bit big.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks for the site, and look forward to some suggestions.

Cheers