View Single Post
Old 25-02-2011, 11:27 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Update on TV RFL-4087 reducer with 127ED

Alright an update, all is not going well with the reducer! I have my TV RFL-4087 reducer/Flattener and new ML focuser, so I can now reach in-focus enough to use the reducer.

I have spaced it to 56mm (T ring shoulder to focal plane..just scroll down a little) which is correct according to TV site . I even called them to confirm that this is the method for measuring this spacing.

TV said that by using this FL reducer and their T ring adaptors will naturally achieve the correct 56mm spacing for a DSLR.

So I did all that and...no go. The stars are not pinpoint at the edges, they are not gross but they are not pinpoint either.

I suspect I may have to shorten this spacing..which will be a real pain. I found I can create a 1mm shorter T ring spacing by disassembling the TV T ring and building a Frankenstein version from the parts of other T ring adaptors.

So I'll fiddle with spacing and report back...in the mean time..pulling my hair out at the thought that this reducer may be incompatible with the 127ED!

Last edited by wasyoungonce; 25-02-2011 at 02:18 PM.