View Single Post
Old 22-08-2019, 05:35 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

It is wonderful to find you are pondering cosmology...to do such perhaps seperated us from other animals who as far as we know just do not think about such things.
Pondering cosmology no doubt caused humans to come up with the concept of religion so we have so much to be grateful for.

Is the universe expanding..well they say it is but I assure you that it is not and believe me I really do know.

However the fundamentals of an expanding universe presents a picture that it is only space that is expanding and certainly not the matter we call galaxies..
So when the big bang theory proposes that the universe expanded rapidly it only means that the space between things expanded...as to space time..I think one of the best comments I ever heard about space time was "Alex..no one can comprehend space time"...so there you have it...
The key to remember is that what you are in effect questioning is a scientific model that purports to describe reality ... What if the universe is not expanding, what if it is static, what if it is contracting???? All possible however the current direction is expansion and the happy implications of expansion are pushed as being reasonable and compliant with observation.
Personally I believe the big bang is a contrivance suited to a determination to track things to a creation point which strangley is acceptable to most religious notions of cosmology. How strange religious folk reject big bang when no doubt it's design was to give scientific support to the notions of creation.
So how could science be mislead or guided to something not in keeping with reality...easy...who produces the acedemics of main stream...does not each of those educational institutions attend prayers each morning...one is destined to follow a path set by ones initial education even if at the end of it you disagree you will still hold to their fundamentals...so one must consider the context of our cosmology.
Perhaps the best approach is to realise although you ask questions and folk will come forward with cutting edge answers ..that really no one actually knows zip...we process to know and folk become very convinced they know..but all of that is their illusion.

So you can tell me what happened 14 billion years ago and segment occurances into sub second frames of reference...great ..you are so wonderful.
And yet that is what we are prompted to believe...all I can suggest is to fit all that you find our science implies into a context of ...the idea of the big bang was proposed by a priest..backed up by maths from a guy who represented the foundation of what the priest followed as truth...could there be anything wrong with any of this..no no no..it's all science..peer reviewed by folk who were educated in private (religious) schools who followed the math the argument the logic etc...so that is going to be our best science... Anyways the final point is ..there is no point in believing anything or thinking you (particularly that I have) any answer that reflects reality.
We can only do our best. Our current scientific models are well built, in so far as they can be destroyed easily, if not reasonably valid...expansion I question yet if it is indeed a valid observation so much flows from it...if valid the observed expansion of the universe implies that the notion of a beginning is perhaps reasonable...if our observation of expansion is wrong then the big bang theory is just another idea sent to the dust bin...the problem is..most folk want and must have a start..from that determination everything else flows...but if the universe is eternal, as I certainly find is the only way it can be, then the need for a creator and a big bang disappears as a fleeting notion of improbable mixed with unrealistic reasoning.
My bottom line is...all these things are unknown ..any human who tells you they have the answer are perhaps mistaken..one may as well attribute creation to the feathered serpent of South America ....or simply say..truthfully..I really do not know.
One should look at who tells us what to believe and why...to investigate those answers will give you all you need to know. Who tells you what to believe? Why?
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 22-08-2019 at 05:46 PM.