View Single Post
Old 22-10-2011, 01:52 PM
hotspur (Chris)

Canon G12 RAW will not open in CS5-advice needed.

Hello.

I have only just started using the Canon G12 which I received a couple months.

Here a couple of images from a couple of nights ago,I can fit the G12 in the same small bag as my 50D and 400L.

I want to start using this G12 for hunting episodes-the movie function could be useful.The manual setting appeals to me for this type of photography.Now I switched into JPEG/RAW at the same time,and thought I'd play around with these test images of this hunter-I rarely take anyone with me so I thought I'd take these images as the sun set.

However,when I go to open up RAW in CS5 I get a message pop up

"file appears to be from a camera which is not supported by the installed version of camera raw".

So wondering if anyone knows what I might need to do,to open RAW.Not sure how the G12 is going to go,but apparently its a lot more of a camera than the usual Point and Shoot cameras.So I hope to use it for some sort of wildlife and 'in the field' shots.There is a lot to be said for small compact cameras.Leon took some amazing images of a large python eating a wallaby a while ago,with a PS style camera,and it now appears they are set for a world audience.To take a large D/SLR on a late afternoon walk is a bit un-enjoyable,but a small compact camera is less of an ask.

So any advice on using a G12 or similar and its RAW files would be appreciated.As it seems a neat camera.

These two images taken at 1/30 sec F 3.2 image 1 iso 800,image 2 iso 400 at 6.11 pm.No pp just the JPEG out of camera.Flash was fired.Please let me know which you prefer out of these two,ideas and crittique welcomed)

Thanks Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_2858.jpg)
194.3 KB18 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2859.jpg)
190.2 KB21 views

Last edited by hotspur; 22-10-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: asked a question