View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 06:01 AM
jase (Jason)

Cheers guys!

I'd say it would be near impossible to deal with the light pollution of the major cities here. Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht all have a considerable mercury vapour glow to them. I've been back a few times over the years and its not getting any better. The population of Australia squeezed into a country the size of Tasmania - what do I expect! Narrowband would be the only justice. Then depending on which part of the country you head, you need to contend with glow from the massive arrays of hot houses farming all the tulips and other flowers!

All the smoke hey Marc? The wakky-tobacky kind. Lekker!

The exhibition was impressive. There was also a landscape image of the milkyway in infra-red. Very cool. Easily spanned five meters with insane depth and clarity. Go Spitzer!

I find it ironic that I'm in a foreign country that produced a poster of my Rho image (quick image attached below). University of Utrecht made many prints as a handout for an astronomy conference....hmmm that would explain why my website has been getting numerous hits from western Europe! Thanks Frans (if you read this!).

Alle beste
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (UtrechtUni - Rho.jpg)
118.4 KB33 views