View Single Post
Old 26-07-2019, 08:09 AM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

I agree wholeheartedly Alex.....

If you lurking or shy to post your images because you think they aren't good enough, please, please, please think again & post them...

I consider my self a rank beginner but, like Ryan, I started my AP journey a little while ago... it started with very hit & miss shots of the moon, with a handheld iphone over an eyepiece... I posted that shot here & received praise & constructive criticsm & advice. I moved on to a small camera with a mounting arrangement to improve my eyepiece projection photos, then prime focus thru an SCT on an az/alt mount & now prime focus through a triplet refractor on an eq mount. However, still very much a beginner...

To those further along on your AP journey... & the majority of you already do this... remember when commenting, be nice, be gentle, be encouraging & be careful with jargon...

We all started at the beginning, we all produced rubbish that we were very proud of, as we move along the journey, we still have many failures & frustrations... share them... we learn more from failure than we do from success!!

The other comment I'll make is that I have seen comments from time to time in this & other threads information about what you need to do AP which is extremely daunting (from a cost & know how point of view) & an implication that you're wasting your time if you don't have all the gear... what utter twat waffle!! You can take images through an unguided scope using a handheld smart phone, you're just limited in targets & potential results... however, it's not 'impossible' nor 'a waste of time' as is occasionally implied... in fact it is a fantastic & very low cost place to start & should be encouraged....

So no matter what it looks like, how you achieved it, or what inexpensive equipment you used, please, please, please share it... because in general, the encouragement & knowledge sharing & advice you receive on this forum is phenomenal

Cheers to all that have helped me along my journey & a big fat raspberry to the few ( and, I mean very, very few) who indirectly, have implied in threads various that I might be wasting my time because I don't have the biggest mount, the best optics, the flashest dedicated & cooled camera because, you are wrong!!

Peace & clear nights to all you wonderful people...